Uncle Steve from Massachusetts came to visit us last Monday. He was traveling for business, and had an early dinner, so he got to meet Julie and Rebecca. (Emma went to sleep early that night.)
We tried carrots. Everyone ate them. They made faces every night, but Julie was still grabbing for the spoon, and actually Rebecca started doing that last Friday, too. Emma got a pretty good taste of them. I think the only thing she completely refuses is the peas.
Rebecca + carrots
Emma. So, we finally wised up and started using the wipeable bibs. Seriously, it didn't occur to us for like a month, after I got fed up with soaking and stain-removing on a million bibs. These wipeable ones are the best thing since pureed sweet potatoes.
Julie. You wouldn't believe she's the smallest by the way she eats.
We also started pears, and everybody seemed to like those. Sweet potatoes seem to be the big favorite at the moment.
I took Thursday and Friday off from work last week to try to get some things done around the house. Of course, I got much less done than I had planned, but it was so nice to have some time to myself. My brain really needs that sometimes. I made lasagna for dinner - - real food! That happens SO rarely around here.
We agreed to go to a (minor league) baseball game. With 3 infants. On a week night. In the end of August. It's for Greg's group at work. I want to make the effort, but can't quite get my head around the logistics. (How many seats do we need? How do we get 3 babies into the stadium? Are strollers allowed? Even if they are, what do we do when we have to go down the stairs to our seats?) Wish me luck. Or, at least convince me not to back out...
We made it to a birthday party for our friends' daughter last Saturday. It's quite an accomplishment to get us all out of the house.
The girls all decked out and ready to party.

I'm surprised how well they tolerated the sunglasses. They kept them on the whole time.
Julie

Emma

Rebecca

Partying wears Emma out.

Julie. You wouldn't believe she's the smallest by the way she eats.
We also started pears, and everybody seemed to like those. Sweet potatoes seem to be the big favorite at the moment.I took Thursday and Friday off from work last week to try to get some things done around the house. Of course, I got much less done than I had planned, but it was so nice to have some time to myself. My brain really needs that sometimes. I made lasagna for dinner - - real food! That happens SO rarely around here.
We agreed to go to a (minor league) baseball game. With 3 infants. On a week night. In the end of August. It's for Greg's group at work. I want to make the effort, but can't quite get my head around the logistics. (How many seats do we need? How do we get 3 babies into the stadium? Are strollers allowed? Even if they are, what do we do when we have to go down the stairs to our seats?) Wish me luck. Or, at least convince me not to back out...
We made it to a birthday party for our friends' daughter last Saturday. It's quite an accomplishment to get us all out of the house.
The girls all decked out and ready to party.

I'm surprised how well they tolerated the sunglasses. They kept them on the whole time.
Julie

Emma

Rebecca

Partying wears Emma out.

Rebecca was wide awake after the party, though, and full of the most adorable smiles.


Emma, eating the sun


Greg, Rebecca and Julie hanging out in the kitchen.

We cleaned up the 2nd exersaucer (that someone gave us) last week, and got the 3rd one out of the box over the weekend, so we now have our own custom kitchen island.

Rebecca's favorite toy on the exersaucer. They try to put every single thing on the exersaucer in their mouths. "What's that? Can I grab it? How can I get it in my mouth? I can't get it in my mouth? Well, then I'll just scream."

Emma, eating the sun

Julie hanging out with her daddy.
It's been hot, so we went swimming on Sunday. Julie had a blast splashing. She mostly got herself... and Rebecca, who wasn't quite so amused.
Julie with water all over her face.
Chillin' at the pool













2 comments:
Sounds like you have been very busy; I recall only to well how long it took to actually get out of the door with two, so you must be doing really well! Great pics; sounds like Rebecca, Emma and Julie are doing great on solids too, funny how sweet potatoes always seem to be a fav. Try getting my kids to eat them now, no way!
The pics are great..love seeing their personalities coming out in the different pictures and I'm starting to recognize them now without reading who it is (does that mean I'm a stalker now??)haha
Post a Comment