Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dusty & Lefty!

Today is Dusty and Lefty's third birthday. We were going to celebrate by showering them with treats, but then they wouldn't know it was anything other than an ordinary day. Such spoiled kitties.

The last week has been l-o-n-g. Julie's teething symptoms last weekend turned out to be a stomach virus. She got sent home from daycare on Tuesday and I took her to the doctor. By the time we got back to pick up Rebecca and Emma on Tuesday afternoon, they were saying that Rebecca was showing symptoms. Greg stayed home with Rebecca and Julie on Wednesday. By Thursday morning, Emma was sick, too. So I stayed home with all 3 of the girls on Thursday, and Greg and I each did a half day on Friday. By Saturday or Sunday, they were pretty much back to normal.

The sickness, though, forced both Greg and I to finally be comfortable with all three girls on our own. Last Thursday was the longest I've been alone with the three of them since they were born. (It was also the longest I've been away from another adult.) We've each had them for short stretches, but normally 2 is about all we could handle. The girls have gotten to where they can play for longer, with fewer meltdowns. Well, up until 4:00 or so. After that, all bets are off. Even where there are two of us, someone is usually unhappy.

For all of their sickness, the girls were in relatively good spirits. We had some gorgeous, totally un-August like weather last week - 80 degrees and no humidity. After work one day, we took the girls for a walk.


You can see Emma's 2 teeth.


Julie


Rebecca


And one more pictures of the ladies (E, J, R) from the weekend.


We had been planning on replacing the dishwasher for a while now - it's got a small leak (nothing a plastic plate can't fix), it's loud, and we have to pretty much wash the dishes before we put them in the dishwasher. Greg went out on Saturday and found one, and it's going to be delivered next weekend. So, of course, what happened last night? Yup, that's right. It broke. We are living off of paper and plastic for the rest of the week, as it is taking about an hour to wash all of the girls' bottles and food containers every night. Sigh. It's all in the timing.

Tonight I caught Greg sucking a cup of pudding through a straw to avoid dirtying a spoon. It's also helped me jump start a diet, as I'm too lazy to do dishes.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Teeth? They were just born; they can't have teeth already! Geez! Time is flying. (Except when you are alone with all three girls at which time I"m sure it seems to stretch on and on!)

Hugs! Coming up this way anytime?

scrappysue said...

Sorry to hear about the sickness: they sure do look full of health and cute little teeth now. And yes, teething is horrid; and three times the pains, that is tough. Sue

Rachel said...

I love the pics and I'm proud of you and Greg for taking days on your own with all 3...you're both brave!!haha

Your girls are beautiful, healthy, happy, and so frickin' cute I want to squeeze their cheeks!! (I know you won't be letting me visit anytime soon!!)haha

Enjoy the new dishwasher and I love the idea of sipping pudding through a spoon..Greg you're a genius!!!

Heather said...

Those are some happy looking girls! And, just think, in a few years, you'll have LOTS of help washing dishes :)