This story begins, as they all do, simply enough.
Emma seems to have grown hips overnight. Which means... All those Children's Place jeans that we lived in last fall/winter? You know, the ones I was able to get for like $6? And that I therefore stocked up on? Yeah, that's right. Em can't wear them.
Luckily I have a friend that I was just talking to recently about the same thing. She recommended Gymboree jeans.
I wouldn't normally spend that kind of money on kids' jeans, but they were on sale, and I had Gymbucks (from all of my clearance shopping) that were about to expire.
But then, 2T or 3T? 3T stuff looks insanely long to me ... but, as much as I'd like to deny it, they are going to be 3 this winter. And I didn't want to lose Gymbucks by ordering the wrong size.
Are you still with me?
So after dinner last Friday night, I wanted to run in to the mall ("the clothes store") with Emma to try on 2 pairs of jeans. We successfully decide on the 2T.
Greg takes Julie and Becca to the gas station and comes back to get us.
And Becca is bawling, "I wanna go to the clothes store!"
We are in so much trouble.
And this is how our first family trip to the mall started.
It ended with Julie sprinting, barefoot, toward the front of Baby Gap, with Becca on her heels. Emma and I were wrestling with jeans (no luck) in the changing room, as she was trying to follow her sisters.
In the middle, they were pretty good and we had fun. And I'll have to admit that Julie, standing in the three panel mirror, jumping up and down about all the Julies, and then kissing them, was pretty darn cute.
1 comment:
Sar, I can't imagine 3!!! I have a hard time with my 1!!!
I love reading about the girls and am so blessed to have met them.
Post a Comment