Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Halloween Crazies

I knew getting pictures on Halloween was going to be a challenge.  They were SO excited.  And SO ready to go.  But I wasn't quite prepared for the case of the sillies that they had.  Or how hard it would be to get a picture of the three of them looking at the camera.







They definitely "got" Halloween this year.   They decided that I would take them trick or treating while Greg stayed home to hand out candy.  For the first few houses, we were trailing behind another group, so the girls didn't have to do any of the knocking or doorbell ringing.  Once we were on our own, it took a few houses for them to get warmed up to having to knock or ring.  (A house with a big dog didn't help.)  But then, they were all over it.  

They didn't quite have the whole "Trick or treat," "Thank you" routine down.  They pretty much just rang the doorbell and said "Happy Halloween!" which is better than nothing.

They weren't too keen on being out in the dark, so eventually, they started asking to go home.  We got home a little before 8, and there were still a few trick or treaters around.  They actually gave up inventorying their loot to peer out the windows for trick or treaters and fight over who got to hand out candy.  I was surprised by how much they enjoyed handing out candy.




And, when we called it quits and turned out the lights, the look on Becca's face when the realization hit her was priceless:  holding our bowl of leftover candy, she said, "Do we get to eat this candy?"

1 comment:

Beth said...

I love the rainbow costume! I had a slight obsession with rainbows in elementary school.

Next year maybe you should suggest they be owls? :)