When I was pregnant, I worried a lot about logistics - finding carseats that would fit in the car, getting three infants in to daycare, how many swings we needed. Something that I never considered the logistics of, though? Dress shorts.
My kids are obsessed with dresses. I would estimate that they are currently wearing something other than a dress maybe once a week. They are also getting tall, particularly Rebecca. (She's actually the tallest one in her class right now.) And those 4T dresses are like long shirts on her. They insist on wearing the dresses to school, where I know they're climbing on the playground, sitting cross legged in a circle, and probably just lifting their dresses altogether at some point.
They still make "bike shorts" for girls to wear under dresses, but these cartwheel shorts from The Children's Place are just about perfect.
Apparently we were in a cartwheel shorts crisis last week, because I had to wash them all twice to make it through the week. So, in the little free time that I actually get, I went to the mall armed with my 20% off coupon to get some more cartwheel shorts.
And then have ONE in the right size on the racks. And they're black. We do have a couple pairs of black already, but I was really looking for the white or light pink. A lady goes to the back to see if they have anymore.
She came back with one pair in white.
And I about laughed in her face.
One pair. That's not even worth standing in line for. Can you imagine the fights that would start?
I think I've given up on the mall. The internet is the only place for bulk shopping.
So, 13 pairs of shorts later, we're still running out routinely.
The other day, Becca pulled out a dress and we didn't have any dress shorts. (There were some in the washing machine, but realistically the chance of them making it to the dryer by morning was 50/50.) I told her to pick out something else. She refused, but said she'd wear regular shorts underneath. Fine.
This would be a fine place to add that Becca has been caught (multiple times) lying about whether she is wearing shorts. We have to check now.
So I'm in the shower, and she comes in and says, "Mommy, these shorts make me feel like a boy."
Sigh.
I sent there to the dryer to get some real dress shorts out, and everything was right with the world again.
1 comment:
Do you want me to check at the Children's Place up here? I will gladly do so! I have some time on my hands for the next...well, um...two and a half months.
Post a Comment