Thursday, September 25, 2008

Apples

We went apple picking again last weekend (and, uh, ran into someone from work). We picked the big bucket, which is more than we'd normally pick. But man, I think we're almost halfway through the bag already! I've been eating 2 or 3 a day. Lots of golden delicious - hoping to make an apple crisp this weekend - some Cortland, Ida Red, and Mutsu.

The week has been pretty quiet so far. I slept a ton last weekend, after going back to work on Friday. I finally feel mostly recovered from last week's surgery, though I still have a bruise on my wrist from the IV. No doctor's appointments this week, but next week we're back in full force with 2. I've been doing ok, trying to rest a lot, and keep putting my feet up.

Oooh, The Office season premiere is on soon...

4 comments:

Beth said...

Mmm...apple crisp.

Glad you're feeling a bit better since last week. Take good care!

Heather said...

LOVE The Office!

Hope you made Greg carry those apples.

Steve Gensheimer said...

I nearly wet myself after I watched the office last week. I can't wait to watch it again tonight!

Do you watch 30 Rock? Love that one too, but I dont know if they have a new season...

Fisher Family said...

Hey Sarah! We're excited about going apple picking, too - after the disappointing season last year. Hope there are some left when I get back from my trip!

Were you in Amsterdam alone? That's the only bummer about business travel - being alone lots of the time... What were the names of the tours you took? I'm trying to figure out the best ones - I have one whole day and an afternoon... recommendations?

Hope you're feeling well!