Saturday, September 13, 2008

Thanks to Greg...

... I was *just* pregnant last week, not barefoot and pregnant.

So, apparently, for our week long trip, I forgot to pack socks. I wish I could blame my pregnancy brain, but unfortunately there's blog evidence of the time last fall that we went to Myrtle Beach and I forgot to pack underwear.

Anyhow, I figured it out our first morning there, after we'd driven 4 hours out to the middle of nowhere. Luckily, Greg had a couple of spares that worked out ok. (Actually, every time we do laundry, he puts those 2 pair of socks in my pile and I have to keep telling him that they're not mine. For some reason, 2 pair shrink up *much* smaller than the rest of his socks. Otherwise, I would have been out of luck.) We hit a Walmart on our way back towards civilization, and all was good again.

I'll try to get some more pictures posted later (of our trip, not my new socks).

We got back in last night. Our first flight was delayed, and luckily the 2nd one was, too, because our connection was tight in Newark. We came in to terminal A, and were relieved that our other flight was out of the same terminal. But then realized that we had to take a shuttle bus to our gate. I don't think it really was the same terminal. But like I said, the 2nd one was delayed, too. We sat on the ground for a little while in Newark, and saw John McCain's plane (and a bunch of police cars).

As far as the pregnancy goes, I'm doing ok. Feeling like I have *a little* more energy lately. Of course, I fell asleep before 9:00 last night. And I'm DONE with traveling - anything that requires a plane or leaving the country. I'm still hoping to make it to the beach next week, but we'll see how I'm feeling. I've actually got to go in for some surgery this week (related to the pregnancy) and am just going to wait and see how I recover.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm glad you're doing well..been thinking a lot about you!

I hope that your surgery you're having this week is going to be okay....just take it easy and rest when you need to...don't be a superhero and overdo anything!!

Take care!!