Monday, February 16, 2009

Julie and Rebecca

are doing well, also.

Julie appears to be over her illness. She's done with her antibiotics, and all of her feedings are by bottle (so, no more feeding tube... for now). Her feedings are increasing a little bit every day, and she's eating everything that we can give her. Hopefully she'll be off IV fluids this week.

Julie is our screamer, and seems to be the loudest of the 3 right now. :) When we were trying to decide on names, "Julie" was on our short list. But I was looking through a baby name book that listed a meaning of the name "Julie" as "young and vocal." She was really the first one I felt kicking, and she was pretty fierce - - so, she our Baby C became Julie. And she's still living up to her name! She only really screams when you're changing her, or when she's hungry, but her cry is pretty distinctive. (Of course, if I weren't allowed to eat for 10 days, I'd be pretty vocal, too.)

Julie:





Rebecca has been doing much better with her bottles in the last day or two. She had kind of hit a hurdle where she was having a hard time finishing the bottles, and was dropping her heart rate a couple of times during each feeding. Hopefully the little light bulb went off in her head and she's figuring it out now. They removed her feeding tube today, and we're going to see how she does with all bottle feedings.

Rebecca:





6 comments:

carabecca said...

So beautiful Sarah. Glad that all three are doing better, and that Emma's home! I hope Julie and Rebecca will be able to come home soon.

Jen D. said...

Good news with Julie & Rebecca!
Hopefully they will be joining Emma at home soon. They are so beautiful...love looking at their pictures.

Lisa Smith said...

I have enjoyed keeping up with your little girls. They are just so precious! I am so glad they are doing well and they are in my thoughts. My 4 year old son saw the pictures and said they were him! I had to prove to him they were not by showing him his baby pictures!

Rachel said...

I love how their little faces are filling out and they all 3 are so beautiful!!! I hope that Julie and Rebecca can come home soon!!

Beth said...

They are gorgeous, Sarah and Greg. Amazing how much they change in such a short amount of time. Thanks for the pics; I'm sure both of you are exhausted from all the running back and forth. {{Hugs!}}

Heather said...

Gorgeous pics! I love hearing about all of the progress they are making!