Whew, another weekend, and I'm just exhausted.
Greg's parents, who had been with us for the last month, left on Saturday, so we are officially on our own now for the first time since before the girls were born. It's been about 36 hours, and everyone is still alive. I won't claim that Greg and I both got showers this weekend, but the girls got their baths.
We were bold and ventured out to Panera for dinner last night. We knew it would be empty and thought it would be a safe choice. We loaded up the girls right after they ate, and took the double stroller and carried one of the car seats. The girls did great - better than I had expected. Emma was awake and happy the whole time. Rebecca spent a lot of the time talking to the bear hanging from her car seat handle, and then fell asleep. Julie was asleep when we got there, and looked a little concerned when she woke up, but no screams. The only time they got cranky was in the car on the way home. A success.
Rebecca has been full of smiles for us lately. So darn sweet. She's been holding out on us.
Julie spent a lot of time staring at Rebecca this afternoon and trying to talk to her.
We split the girls up this weekend to try to continue to make progress on sleeping through the night. Emma was sleeping in our room for the last week, and was pretty much sleeping through the night. She'd wake up around 4 or 5. We moved her back to the nursery this weekend, and she's been sleeping easily until 6. We hear some noises throughout the night, but no screaming for food. I spent the weekend with Julie in the pack-n-play in our bedroom, and she slept until 5:30-6:00 both nights without waking me up in the middle of the night. Greg had it a bit rougher with Rebecca, downstairs in the pack-n-play. She has been up both nights screaming in the middle of the night around 3 or 4 (the feeding used to be @ 3). So, Emma and Julie are both pretty much officially sleeping through the night (now that I typed that I'm afraid I'm going to jinx it), but Rebecca's not quite there yet.
1 comment:
You guys are already pros at this parenting thing...you're doing GREAT!!!
Post a Comment