Saturday, August 22, 2009

To password, or not?

I'm thinking about putting a password on the blog. What do you think? I've debated this for a while now. I've lost track of who is reading this, and for the most part I don't have a problem with it. I'm just thinking about trying to protect our privacy.

Nothing in particular prompted this ... just something I've been considering.

8 comments:

scrappysue said...

I have discovered that password protected sites don't come up on Google Reader, but this isn't a very compelling reason not to protect your privacy. It would not put me off reading your blog Sarah, and I am sure no one else would mind either!

Susie Chadwick said...

I think you'd better invite me if you do =P

The non-google-reader thing is annoying, but I agree with Sue about the privacy.

ANP1128 said...

I am a friend of Beth's.(mental graffitti) I teach third grade across the hall from her and have been following your blog as a link from her blog. Your three girls are adorable and I have enjoyed seeing how they have grown over the last several months. I have three little ones of my own...the youngest being 15 months. I am still trying to wrap my brain around having three the same age.
I totally understand about the privacy thing though.... Wishing you the best!
Audra

Jen D. said...

Yeah I know how you feel Sarah. I started out making mine just scrap related because I wanted to keep my family stuff private...but it just sort of creeps in there during my ramblings. I think I know most of the people who read my blog so it doesn't matter to me what you guys find out and with the DT stuff I think people kinda expect a blog.

Rachel said...

That's why I made mine private..I was a bit tired of people here in town knowing what was going on in our lives if we were home, on vacation, etc...that's why I made mine private.

If you do make it private you better invite me..haha

Heather said...

Well, I've basically stopped blogging, partly for that reason. Partly out of sheer laziness . . .

I think password protected is a good idea. As long as I'm invited :)

Lisa Cole said...

I've debated it too Sarah, but we can all still be friends password or not :)

Lisa Smith said...

I have debated about having mine password protected, but I also really limit what I write about on my blog. I tend to write about coupon savings, scrapbooking, and some family info. I keep everything related to work off of it and figure most people who know about my blog know me since I have it where it should not come up in a search engine.