I've been feeling horribly worn out lately, like I'm just in a daze and trying to get through the day. I feel physically run down, mentally exhausted, and emotionally drained. I kind of feel like I've been run over by a truck. I just need a vacation ... hahahaha
The girls have been continuing to terrorize the fireplace, and I am at my wit's end. I am seriously about to buy them a big heavy kitchen play set to reward them for not listening. We did start using the pack and play for a thinking spot, and while they don't like being in there, I don't think they are getting that what they are doing is bad (although Emma has started trying to repeat me when I yell -- "BA!"). Now, if I'm in the kitchen and yell at Becca, she keeps banging on the doors until I have to go in there, and then she raises her arms to me to be picked up. It's kind of heartbreaking to know she's doing it for attention. To know that she thinks I'm not giving her enough.
Sigh.
Daycare drop offs are going down hill again. Because just starts screaming and bawling when we walk in the door of the room. Emma hangs on my legs and cries "mama mama mama" until one of her teachers rips her from my legs. Them she just keeps crying and reaching for me. (Surprisingly, Julie is ok at the moment.). It's killing me to leave them there anymore. The other kids there aren't doing this, which throws my "it's just this age" theory out the window.
I barely remember this past weekend. Greg took Julie to her first swimming lesson, and said she was ok only so long as he didn't try to let go of her. She wouldn't go to the teacher and had to be able to see Greg's face. I took Emma swimming on Sunday afternoon and she was pretty freaked out. Hopefully they will both warm up.
I think it was this past weekend that we all went to Atlanta Bread for dinner. It went fairly well. The girls each got their own spoon to eat some potato soup. It was pretty empty because we have to eat so early, so I was a bit annoyed when these women sat down close to us. Do I need to warn them? There are a ton of empty tables. But they were really nice and just wanted to sit next to us to admire the girls. They must have been on their best behavior, because the ladies stayed there the whole time.
I finally got around to making an apple crisp this week with some of the apples we picked over Labor Day weekend. It makes the house smell so good when it is cooking (especially when you are used to the smell of diapers).
One of our quick dinners involves a cheese/veg soup and some potato skins with chicken, BBQ sauce, and mozzarella cheese. I made the girls a really yummy (seriously I think it tasted better than what we ate) mush of potato, cheese, chicken, and pureed vegetables. They ate some of the mush, but really wanted to eat the potato skins. I hadn't planned on them eating them, but I think they ate more than Greg or I got. They continue to surprise me with their food choices. No one liked my apple crisp, either.
Emma has become terrified in the bath tub. I hope going to the pool didn't traumatized her. I think she doesn't like water on her head because washing her hair has been a struggle for a while now. But now she freaks out a minute or so after getting in, and just screams and stands up. I've been trying to do 2 of their baths at the same time, and her standing and yelling really complicates things.
1 comment:
Sending you a hug!! Motherhood is rough...with ONE kiddo!! You deserve a break. Or at least some ice cream or chocolate. ;)
Post a Comment