Sunday, March 20, 2011

CC March Blog Hop

This month's challenge was stitching. I've been doing more and more stitching on my projects lately, usually using my sewing machine. But I also just bought the WRMK Stitch Easy. When I started this project, my original intent was to use that... but then things kind of went their own way.



I pulled out an old CC kit that I've been playing with - - it's the Charmed kit from last March. The red accent color actually came in the kit, though I almost missed it. I missed the red and white eye chart paper to add another shade of blue to it.

The scallop along the top is made from punched circles. What's funny is that a lot of the stuff is last year's LYB release, but those stick pins are from Twig, this year's release. The red corrugated alphas were from the shop. There's some baker's twine and BG (green) chipboard alphas from the stash.

I recently fell in love with the Epiphany crafts button maker tools - I bought the 14mm heart shape, and made the heart that's above the picture (it's a little hard to tell it's a heart because I punched it out of flower paper).

Oh, and the stitching? It's through the word "lucky."

3 comments:

adele holcomb said...

The column of diamond pp leads the eye right to your beautiful girls! Very striking LO.

AmyBug said...

I love this design and the pop of red is lovely. I'm so sad I missed this kit. It was a month before I joined and it was sold out already.

Anonymous said...

Love the Blue stitching in the red letters! Very cute layout!