Sunday, July 10, 2011

Summer Vacation, Part 1

We've been having way too much fun lately to blog! We've been on summer vacation for the last week and a half, taking lots of pictures and spending lots of time with family and friends.

We left the Thursday before the 4th of July, and spent a good 15 hours on the road.


The girls did great in the car. I was pleasantly surprised. We left the house at 4 am, and they slept until 6 or 7. We even made it until after lunch before we broke out the DVDs. We broke the drive up into 3 hour stretches, which seemed to work for all of us. The other good thing was that one of our breaks brought us right to my friend Beth's part of town. Well, part of the state at least. It was so great to see her in person again, since we met online. Of course I forgot to get pictures with her... since we ended up doing 6 diaper changes in the McDonald's parking lot, but Julie made a new best friend. She was attached to Beth nearly immediately. We had a nice play (and ice cream break), and then it was back on the road.

Our main goal on Friday was to get into the pool. We got everyone lotioned up and out there to test out our new life jacket swimmy things. A co-worker of my mom's came by while we were in the pool and brought us some cakes. We attempted lunch after that, but you probably know how lunch after cake goes.

Greg and I got a date night out on Friday night, thanks to Victoria and my parents. Apparently Victoria promised them ice cream if they finished their dinner, so they all went out for ice cream. Greg and I didn't do anything fancy - Qdoba (since we don't have those by us), shopping at Target, some ice cream from Cliff's, and some browsing at Border's.


Have I mentioned my love of the vanilla soft serve dipped in cherry? Because it is absolute ice cream heaven. I haven't been able to find the cherry dip near where we live, so I must fill my quota while I'm here.

The pool was at the top of our agenda on Saturday, too. We had snacks out by the pool, and the girls were introduced to (and fell in love with) cheese balls.

R eating a cheese ball...


and then trying to figure out how to double fist it.


Another cheese ball.


Emma cheese ball, covered in cheese ball.


The girls were really starting to get more comfortable in the water. and were "swimming."

1 comment:

Beth said...

So glad that I could meet up with you guys. Highlight of my week!

Remember you said your word verification was "granisto" which sounded like the next largest size at SBUX? Did you hear they have a new larger size - I think it's called a Trenta? Can you say $7 coffee?