Thursday, September 27, 2012

Vacation: Food

Mmmmm...  Food....

This is a real sign.  It's at a gas station/convenience store, straight out of the middle of nowhere.  It's run down, and not somewhere that I would consider eating.  But I love the sign.  Maybe this needs to go in my kitchen?  It's the only shot I could get while hanging out of the car window during a brief stop to skip "Franklin in the Dark" when it scared Julie to tears on the way to the beach.


IHOP breakfast one day.

My parents don't come to the south without getting some BBQ.  My dad found this tiny little place from their ad on the local community access channel.  Best sweet potato fries I've ever had.

There was lots of ice cream to be had.  That's an important measure of a good vacation.  There was also lots of "Can I have a taste?" of mom, dad, grandma, and papa's ice cream.


One day, we packed up a picnic lunch, and went out the pier right outside of our hotel.  We walked all the way out to the "tower," and watched the fishermen, the parasails, the airplanes with banners, the boats.

Dinner out one night with everybody.  Mmmm,  steak and beer.

Drinking milk out of a mug was quite the novelty.

Do you know anyone who loves salad this much?

Spaghetti night.  There's a reason she doesn't have a shirt on.

No comments: