Sunday, June 16, 2013

(sometimes) I (want to) scream

We went out for ice cream last night.  There was (as usual) much debate about where to go.  Finally, the majority (well, the majority of the people under 5.  Greg and I pretty much don't count for anything.) decided to go to the "one with the eyes."  (They put little candy eyes on the kids' cones.)

Emma got chocolate in a cup, and after issuing her grievance for the lack of sprinkles, she was fine.  Didn't get a drop on her.  (Or her sweatshirt.  She insisted on wearing it, even though the rest of us were ok with the mid-80s.)

Becca (and her dress) thoroughly enjoyed her chocolate cone with eyes.  (See how short that dress is on her?  And that's while she's sitting down.)



Julie insisted on strawberry after she tried some of my mom's when they were here.

I'm not sure if she just wanted it because it was pink, but after a few bites, she decided she didn't like it. I wasn't about to stand in line again, so I gave her mine.  And she ate all of my mint chocolate chip, the little brat.  And, for the record, the mint chocolate chip *was* better than the strawberry.  


Next time, I'm going for ice cream by myself.

1 comment:

Steve Gensheimer said...

sweet jezus how tall is Rebecca?? She looks like she's like 4'6" already!

Steph and I long ago stopped going to the mall. I think we are pretty much on a first name basis with Amazon.com and the UPS/FedEx people. It gets dangerous though... almost too easy to spend money on there...