I left work a little early last Friday to check out a fabric store that I haven't been able to make it to. Unfortunately, it didn't take me long to figure out that they don't have much, and certainly didn't have what I was looking for. I had time to run to the fabric store closer to home and got exactly what I was looking for. I've had this swatch of fabric for years now, and I finally decided I wanted to make curtains for the babies' rooms with it. So what do you think? The green is really a bit more grass and less olive than it looks in the picture. The little circles are pink, orange, red, and 2 shades of yellow. We decided that there's just not going to be room to put them in the room next to ours, so we're going to be turning the bonus room (over the garage) into a nursery. We're painting the walls a light, warm yellow - the yellow we bought 20 gallons of to do the kitchen, living room, and most of the upstairs. So the curtains will be my next project.On Saturday, we went to IKEA, despite the gas shortage in Georgia. Actually, we tried filling up on Friday, and started to run into gas shortages around here, too. Depending on the day, it can be hard to find gas. We're ok for now, and they keep saying that the situation should be improving... Anyhow, we actually showed a good bit of restraint at IKEA, and mostly got stuff to try to pull together a home office. We just spend so much time in there (which will surely change!), but we've just got a rag tag mess of stuff in there, not enough storage, not the right kind of storage, etc.
In baby news, I've had 2 doctors' appointments this week, and everything is looking good. The specialists looked at the babies on Monday to check their growth, and everyone's right on track. I went to the regular OB today, and the only concern at this point is my blood pressure; it's still gradually rising. The doctor today said that it normally should start dropping, and I'm really hoping that happens. If it gets to 160/110, I go on automatic hospital bed rest. I finally found the blood pressure machine at work today, so I'm going to start checking it daily.
Been sleeping with the windows open lately! Oh, I just love fall!
6 comments:
I LOVE the fabric...neutral with great pops of color. You'll be able to do so much with it. Brave sewing girl, you...
That fabric is wonderful! It will be so fun to decorate with.
So glad to hear the babies are doing well, I often wonder how you are all doing! Keeping fingers crossed your blood pressure goes down. Sue
Praying that your blood pressure goes down!!
Love the fabric and the room you are decorating sounds awesome!!
Take care of yourself....
LOVE the fabric...greens & circles 2 of my favorite things. Now if we can just figure out some "cutwork" I'd me in heaven lol!
Glad to hear that the babies are healthy and growing! Hope that you're feeling okay... Thanks for the advice for Amsterdam. I am thinking of taking a bike tour, as I have heard good things about these. We'll see! Happy Fall!
Post a Comment