Sunday, October 5, 2008

More apples, BBQ, Lefty, and Allergies

That about sums up the weekend.

On Saturday, we went up for some more apples. Even though we got a really big bag 2 weeks ago, we really had to cut back the 2nd week to make them last! We got a big bucket of Winesap, because those are my absolute favorite. I think they're still a little on the early side - they were kind of hard to get off the tree. But oh, so good. We also bought some Mutsu for eating and some golden delicious for baking while we were there. It was a just a gorgeous day - mid 70s, and a bright blue sky. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen so many people at the orchard... It was a bit of a zoo.

Some pictures, because it feels like it's been forever since I've had the camera out:











After apples, we headed up the road a little further for lunch - this is the place where we normally get pizza, but we decided to try the new BBQ that they added out back. The wait was just as long as for the pizza, but the BBQ was great! I am rather intrigued by the cups, though, as they say they are made from corn and are compostable. We're going to try it and see how long it takes them to break down.


This morning, I finally got a picture of Lefty's "puffy tail." It usually shows up when she really really wants treats and thinks she's going to get them, or sometimes when she's being pet. It's so funny, because her tail just gets huge. It's not a great picture, but she's usually darting around frantically at times like these.

She's addicted to 2 treats at the moment - the tuna flakes, and these Whisker Lickins things we get at Target. Whenever you're even remotely near the pantry, she'll run in front of you and try to lead you over there. Or she'll just sit in front of it and stare at you. Once you're in the pantry, she knows exactly where they are, and gets up and puts her paws on the tupperware bin that they're in, and will make a swat at them when you take them out. She's inhaling them, though. The other day she threw up about 6 of them, probably because they got stuck in her throat. (It's actually extremely rare for either of them to throw up anything.) Today she had them polished off by the time I put the container back and walked back by her plate. She was already looking for more.

My allergies have just been going crazy today. Sneezing, nose dripping, congested. I just have days like this occasionally where it's nonstop. I don't think there's a whole lot I can do for it at this point, since I'm already on Zyrtec. I may try another shower before bed.

3 comments:

Jen D. said...

Corncups...very intriguing. I'm sure you'll update us on the outcome of your experiment. Maybe a daily/weekly picture of the break down??!

Love all your fall pictures...pumpkins & apples. My fave is the picture with the old wagon

Rachel said...

Your camera will get quite a workout when the babies get here!!

Speaking of which when do we get a belly shot??

Seriously I hope you're resting and taking it easy when you can..you and Greg are in my daily prayer time!!

Anonymous said...

Stop torturing us with the apple pictures, now I have to go to the farmers market...
(not really, your pics are always interesting)