Monday, October 27, 2008

No Drama = A Good Week

I've become a blog slacker. I blame my rigorous sleeping schedule.

Greg's birthday was last Thursday. And I had the nerve to drag him to a Moms of Multiples meeting that night. It was kind of an "introduction" meeting, so we didn't stay for too long. It was good to meet some people who have experience with this adventure we're about to start on. We just grabbed a quick dinner on the way home. I didn't get my nap in that afternoon, and was just exhausted by the time we got home. But I made it up to Greg by taking him to the Lazy Goat on Saturday night. It wasn't as good as previous times we've been there - I'm not sure if my tastebuds are doing funny things or what. Of course, the service was pretty crappy, which didn't help.

I was back into the doctor on Friday. It's pretty clear at this point that I've developed gestational diabetes. They took some blood on Friday and were supposed to call me back today with the results ... and of course didn't. In the mean time, I'm trying to figure out what it is I can eat... The good news (knock on wood) is that my blood pressure has been down a bit, back in the neighborhood of 120/70. Still checking on it every day.

We took an infant CPR course at the hospital on Saturday. It was pretty intense - much more physical than I was expecting it to be! They recommended that women in their 3rd trimester not take it, and now I can see why. It covered infants and children (and kind of talked about adults), and I'm definitely glad we took it. I feel like I'd been meaning to take a SPR course forever.

Oh -- there was one other couple in the CPR class with us. We stopped at Costco after the class, and as we were coming out, who do we see? Small world!

6 comments:

Beth said...

All worlds collide at Costco...

You're so on top of things with getting ready for the kids - meetings, classes, etc.

Anonymous said...

Hi there Sarah,
My name is Aimee Maher. I'm the GM at The Lazy Goat. Don't think this is strange, but we have a service that notifies us when The Lazy Goat appears in anything on the internet. I would really love to know details from your experience Saturday night. It would greatly help us in getting better at what we do. Feel free to contact me at aimee@sobys.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

carabecca said...

Good luck with the diabetes. I'm sure your doctors will be helpful as far as the best foods to make sure you and the girls get all the nutrition you need. I'll be thinking about you!

Lyn said...

take care of yourself!
you're a momma of three! just like that! can you believe it?!
congrats!

Heather said...

Costco was prepared for an emergency that night!

That's pretty funny about the manager of the restaurant contacting you.

Rachel said...

That's cool that the GM from the restaurant contacted you through the blog..that's really good service!

Anyway I hope that you get things straightened out and can figure out what is good for you to eat and stuff with the gestational diabetis...we're all praying for you guys (um girls!!)