Went to 2 doctors' appointments today. Everything looked good, girls are growing well. But twice in the course of an hour I was reminded of how big my belly is.
The scale in the office is digital, with just the base on the floor, and then a read out at about eye level. Well, I got on like I always do... but then started to feel wobbly, as I realized I couldn't stand straight up without my belly touching the wall, and there wasn't much room for me to move my feet backwards.
The parking garage is a bit of a mess - the spaces are angled, and fairly small. Trucks and SUVs don't really fit. So we come outside, and a big truck had pulled in next to me at a horrid angle. And I couldn't open the door far enough to get in. Luckily Greg was there, and was able to get in and back it out for me. But seriously, what would I have done if I were there for myself? Ask a stranger to back my car out for me?
2 comments:
I think if you go yourself you should be able to do the obnoxious "park in the middle of two spaces" move. So what if they think you're annoying...the girls' have got to get back in the car! Would you rather have to ask a stranger to get you unstuck from between two cars? Now there would be a story for the baby books. :)
Oh, and I will check out the David Sedaris bit, but in taking Heather's advice, will not be listening to it at the gym.
You poor thing!! I remember the last month with Katie I couldn't drive my car as my belly hit the steering wheel and since I'm so short I couldn't reach the peddles if I moved the seat back so that was interesting!!!
Keep those girls safe!!!
Post a Comment