Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Another post about not much

I'm starting to sound like a broken record: family Costco run, out to dinner (Chipotle), too hot to do much else this past weekend.

Becca is pointing to the cats and saying "dat." I think she has stopped using "dat" for "that," so this may be a real word for her now. She also seems to have picked up some signs and kept doing a sign for "more" at Chipotle. Becca is our child who will eat until she explodes, though. The other two I trust to stop eating when they get full, but Becca will eat and eat and eat and then throw up, so we have to keep an eye on her. Becca loves loves loves to play with the stacking cups, and in addition to making towers, lately she has been putting them on her toes like shoes.

In fact, they are all trying to put their shoes on themselves. Rebecca is pretty insistent about doing it herself sometimes. Emma is pretty close to getting them on herself. And Julie excels in taking them back off. :) Emma had taken hers off in the car on the way to daycare this morning, and Greg accidentally put them on the wrong feet when we got there. He realized it right away, but she threw a fit when he had to take them off again. Their daycare teachers say that they love their shoes and get upset when they come off. I'm not sure if we should be saving for college, or for shoes.

Oh, and Emma is trying to take off her clothes now. Nice.

Emma is understanding way too much. I can ask her to do simple things (get the puzzle piece, etc) and she can do it. She is obsessed with those bracelets, and she pretty much has some on all day (they have them at daycare, too). I haven't seen her sort them by color and put them on in rainbow order again, but it seems like it would have to have been a very big coincidence. I noticed on Monday that she only had about 6 on: maybe 3 green, a blue, a yellow, and a purple - which matched her outfit. I mentioned it at daycare this morning and they said she does that there, too.

Julie finally managed to get herself up on the couch again on Sunday. We'd seen her do it before, but for the last few weeks, she hasn't been able to - she just starts yelling and crying and doesn't *really* try anymore. Greg helped her on Sunday afternoon, and by Sunday night, we looked over and saw her up there all on her own.

They are all about shaking their heads "no" right now.

Oh, and definitely had a "mom of the year" moment last week. Emma woke up in the middle of the night, and cried a couple of times. We let her go back to sleep, and I don't think she woke up again all night. But when I went to get her in the morning, she had gotten her arm (up past her elbow) stuck through the crib rail and had apparently been stuck like that all night. Her arm was all cold, and she has this nice red mark across her arm (still now). She was using it fine when I got her up and it had warmed up by the time we got to daycare, but I felt just terrible.l

No comments: