The girls (Julie and Emma, I believe) figured out how to get the drawers in the entertainment center that hold all of our cds (we're old school... and lazy) open. The drawers used to be too heavy. We put cabinet locks on them on Sunday night, and I'm not sure how long they will last.
Speaking of the entertainment center, I don't think I wrote about the time a few weeks ago that Julie started venturing back between between the wall and the entertainment center (in the original Danger Corner). She would get back in the corner, sit down, and get stuck. Her legs would end up under the entertainment center and then she couldn't stand back up. She did this twice, and wanted to in a few more times before we stopped her. This past weekend, Emma decided to go back there and somehow got her head stuck between the entertainment center and the wall. Sigh.
Julie is trying to imitate a lot of sounds right now. Last night, she was playing with a package of Boogie Wipes, and I kept saying to her, "boogie boogie boogie" and she finally started saying "bweh bweh bweh." We have also been working on animal sounds, and Julie has the duck, sheep and cow sounds down. Becca and Julie will make the sounds if you tell them what to say, but you can say to Julie, "what does the cow say?" and she'll get it right.
Becca and Emma are certainly pushing our buttons lately, with climbing on the table. They get the devilish look in their eye, and look right at us when we tell them "no." And they do it again and again. We yell, they laugh. There's no such thing as discipline right now. I try to "punish" them by putting them in the exersaucers, but they're as happy as clams in there.
Everybody got new shoes last week, because their sandals were getting pretty smelly. It's pretty much a fiasco to buy shoes for three kids, so I estimated. There was a pretty good sale at Stride Rite, and the sneakers were less than half of what we paid for them earlier this year, so everybody got the exact same sneakers they already have (in bigger sizes). There was a lot of confusion with the sandals... trying to get everyone the same ones they already have (trying to preserve our sanity here) in appropriate sizes. It required ordering 2 pair from another store (they came the NEXT DAY UPS for free... I was impressed), but in all the confusion, the one pair that I thought I was buying at the store was not the pair I came home with. And I don't have the energy to go back. It's not a huge deal, but it means that now Emma and Julie have the same sandals. It's blowing Emma's mind. Every time she sees Julie getting those shoes put on, she gets upset.
In addition to recognizing whose shoes are whose, the girls have figured out whose stuffed animal is whose. Currently, Becca is attached to a monkey, Emma a bear, and Julie a giraffe. We try to get them to leave them in their cribs in the morning, but on the weekends I usually cave and let them take them downstairs. Periodically throughout the day, they'll find an animal and give it back to it's "owner." It's just too cute for words.
Just some pictures of hanging around...
Managed to get a clip in Becca's hair for a little while on Sunday.

It didn't last long.

Trying to put it back in.

They got to play in the kitchen on Sunday, and we moved the baby gate to block off the entry way/stairs to give them free reign of both the kitchen and living room.
The shopping bags came out.
Emmy double bagging it. She walked around with those two bags behind her like she was carrying quite the shopping spree.

Then we discovered the curtains on the back door.

Can you see the smile on Julie's face?

Becca crowds in.

Traffic jam

Aren't they sweet?

"dad. dad. daddy. dad. daddy. daddy. DADDY!"

For some reason, Becca decided to flop on the floor. And then Emma followed her.

They mentioned to us at daycare yesterday that Emma had started doing this. We had seen her (and all of them) making these rings in to bracelets, but they usually only get one or two on an arm. But apparently Emma has started trying to get them ALL on her arms.


I was going to crop this one, but that's Julie in the corner trying frantically to get on one of the "bracelets" before Emma claims them all.
1 comment:
Such adorable photos Sarah; I love the one of the three of them looking out of the window, super cute!
Post a Comment