We had to fill out a survey while we waited. Becca didn't want to play with the toys again. She wanted to help fill out the survey.


When we were done, I let her walk down the big long hallway by herself. Both of the windows to check out were occupied, so we had to wait. She turned around and headed back down the long hallway, back toward the doctor. I thought she'd go a few steps and realize I wasn't behind her, but she got almost to the end of the hall. When I finally got her to turn around, she went all the way in the other direction. I'm trying to not grab her hand constantly... trying to let her develop some confidence, but grab her hand when we're in the parking lot or something so she knows the difference. I thought she'd be a little more hesitant, but she kept taking off. And my phone is so slow at taking pictures that she's pretty much out of the frame every time I took one.

I wanted to get the tube done ASAP, while I have time to be home with her, because I'm going to be starting a new job next week (topic for another post), and it will probably be harder for me to be at home, at least in the beginning. Greg's swamped at work, too, and while we both have flexibility to do some work from home, it's often hard to find the time for it. Anyhow, Becca's tube replacement is scheduled for tomorrow. We have to be there at 6:30; please don't let me oversleep this time. She's on antibiotics at the moment to make sure she doesn't have an infection going in to the surgery, like she did last time.
And... since I crashed last night and didn't get this posted, we are now home from Becca's tubes, and she playing like normal. Well, not quite like normal since her sisters are at daycare and she doesn't have to fight for the toys. But she's acting just fine. She woke up a little easier this time, less thrashing around. She was mostly just whiny, which was fixed by an oatmeal raisin cookie in the car on the way home.
Still didn't take the camera, but I grabbed a quick photo with my phone while she was playing. It was a much longer wait with just one kid, so she got a little antsy. She wanted up and down out of the chairs, and wanted to play with everything in the diaper bag. And then she dropped my keys behind the bed that I couldn't figure out how to move.

We really didn't do much over the weekend. It was SO hot. Can't believe it is this hot out already. We did a family Costco run on Saturday again.
"I. am. fabulous."

"I can get how many shoes for that price?"

Other than that, we mostly stayed inside.
We played with buckets.




We loved our daddy.

We fought over who got to sit in the Julie Cave.

We turned toys into bracelets.


We played with the dinosaur puppets book.


We played peek-a-boo.


We wore the cloth book like a scarf.




We hid under the blanket. (And made a fort under it with daddy.)

And we played with buckets some more.


Seriously, we need some ideas to get us out of the house this summer. Things to do when it's too hot to be outside?
I think I'm going to take a photography class at the local technical college this fall. Once a week for 8 weeks. I want to learn for real the stuff I fake. I want to learn to use manual mode, and learn about lenses and filters. And I want to justify a camera body with an ISO16000 setting...
Julie seems to be picking up words pretty quickly these days. All weekend, she walked around saying "BAW" and holding a ball over her head. We've also caught her saying "hello" on the toy cell phone.
No comments:
Post a Comment