Sunday, August 8, 2010

Personality Notes 8/8/10

Rebecca loves to carry the bag of sippie cups out from daycare. She gets excited when we pick her up in the afternoon, and after she comes over for a hug, she immediately starts pointing for the bag. She squeals when she sees it, and carries it all the way to the car. Sometimes she drags it a bit, but it's all good.


Blurry, but I love the pigtails in this one.


The girls are all working on words for body parts. So far, they all have "head," "belly," and "nose" down. (They don't say them, but they point to them when I ask "Where's your nose?" Importantly, I can't ask, "Where is Julie/Emma/Becca's nose?" because then they think we are playing peek-a-boo: The only hear the "Where's Julie?" part.) Julie has her "ear" down and Emma knows "hair."

Julie has added "meow" to her repertoire of animal sounds. She also does "oh oh" for a pig.

Julie does not like transitions on the ground. She'll freeze in place if we're walking along the sidewalk and then want to walk across the grass. Our front steps are brick, and she freezes after she walks across the front porch and gets to them. I mean, I totally get it - one of those things you take for granted from experience. I love seeing things like that from their perspective.

No comments: