Someone posted a link to a livingsocial coupon for $10 kid's hair cuts. I was trying to figure out which place it was for, and found their website... which said that they do first haircuts for a penny. Greg and I talked about it at lunch time and decided we'd try to do it over the weekend. So, after lunch, I called to make an appointment, but the only thing they had was Friday at 5:30.
We picked the girls up, and pulled into the parking lot to cheers of "pizza!". They got right down to business playing with the chairs and toys in the waiting area. We decided against having their hair washed, because they hate it so much. Julie went first and they tried to put her in a little race car, but she wanted none of that and ran away. When I finally caught her, I held her on my lap, and she got her hair trimmed in about 5 minutes. She still doesn't have enough hair to have bangs, and the back and sides just got a trim. She still gets a rat's nest on the back of her head every morning. I'm not sure if it's the curls or just how fine her hair is, but it just gets all mangy and matted. She's the only one that uses "product" - some leave in conditioner. And at the moment, she doesn't really mind having it brushed, but I have a feeling that won't last.
Anyhow, while I was sitting with Julie, Becca and Emma got up into chairs (with toys) with no complaints. I was totally shocked! I was prepared for a full out, three way screaming contest. But they did great!
Emma's all business.

Becca got to hold the brush they use to brush the stray hairs away at the end. When I asked her what it was, she said it was a "fow-wer" (flower).

Julie got her hair cut. Can you tell?

I don't know where that scowl came from.

Because she was certainly a happy girl.

Much better with a balloon in her hand.

I don't really like Becca's bangs this short... I think she looks prettier with her bangs held back with a clip, but it will grow out. And we can save those $10 coupons for their next haircut.
After the haircuts, we went to Moe's for dinner, and the girls got their first kid's burrito. We had been getting them just some rice and chicken. Julie put a good dent in hers, but Becca put away the whole thing. Emma, as usual, took a bite, spit it out, and made a face.
The rest of the weekend was pretty quiet. You know, by comparison. Saturday was just gorgeous and about 70 degrees. Greg took the girls out back to run around in the yard for a bit.
They raked.

And collected acorns.

Then we went to an early dinner at Sticky Fingers. They had us at a booth with chairs on one side and a bench on the other. It was weird to actually sit next to Greg.

The girls did pretty well drinking out of straws. They wanted to run around when we got there, and were a bit wound up. Becca got away from me and did a lap around the restaurant (squealing) before I caught her. When we were leaving, Greg had Emma and Julie, and they like to just go limp and hang there while you're trying to walk. It's nothing new; they do it out of day care all the time. It's insanely aggravating, especially since picking them up is not an option anymore. But all of the people in the restaurant, and those waiting outside as we tried to get across the parking lot, got a good laugh.
It was barely still light out, but the reason we went to an early dinner (besides annoying fewer diners) was to try to burn some energy off at the park. There were lights on, but plenty of people still there. (Rebecca started cheering once we turned onto the road to the park.). They mostly played on the slide, and despite one face-first-into-the-mulch run by Julie, they were doing a good job getting up into the tube slide that's got a 3" step to get in.
On Sunday morning, we took a family trip to the grocery store, with Becca and Julie steering the cart and Emma in the basket, responsible for grocery organization. I'm glad she's content to be back there (for now), because there's no way I'm dragging two of those beasts of shopping carts around the store.
2 comments:
Good Job! - with the haircuts (and all the rest you do). Glad to hear they did so well at the hair'ticians.
Love,
G'ma & G'pa S.
love the haircut photos!! :)
Post a Comment