I think that's the only way I can describe last week. I just couldn't wait for the week to be over. It just felt like one big failure.
I was sick on Monday. Again.
Slept late on Tuesday, and consequently showed up 15 minutes late to a meeting with my boss's boss.
Had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday that I've been waiting two months for, hoping to get some answers. But after all the poking and prodding, I still don't have any answers.
I had so much work that I spent Wednesday and Friday nights doing work at home after the girls went to bed. I hate that. And I'm still behind.
Two accident reports - Julie's head and Emma's finger. They called again around noon on Friday and said that Emma was really cranky and wouldn't let anyone touch her finger. It was still hugely swollen, and she hadn't been letting me touch it other than to put a band aid on it. She also had been avoiding using her whole hand - making me pull her pants up, snap her in her car seat. Very not like her. To make a long story short, because her dr appt was at 2:30 and because we carpooled and because there could have been a late x ray involved, I had to leave an all day meeting 5 minutes after my boss got there. Nice move on my part. The good news, of course, is that her finger isn't broken. He called it a "crush" injury. And it actually looked a lot better on Saturday.
Speaking of Saturday, I pretty much slept all day. The girls were up at 6:30, and after trying to get them to calm back down in our bed ("sshhhhh, the cows are sleeping"), Greg took them downstairs, and I didn't get up until 9. I crashed again at nap time (we turned the monitor off), and didn't wake up until almost 5. In the short time that I was up, poor Greg had to go out and get two nail holes in the van's tire patched, and go to Costco on a Saturday morning.
So, there ya go. Exhausted, overwhelmed. Ready to start a new week.
2 comments:
Oh, sorry you had such a bad week. Sometimes everything goes wrong at once This one is bound to look better by comparison!
Cross this one off the books - it's done! Try to remember all the weeks that don't go horribly wrong. Hope you're feeling better soon!
Post a Comment