Sunday, July 31, 2011

Hair Cuts, Round 2

We were out of our checkup last week in 45 minutes (! for all 3 of them), and had a few spare minutes, so we went to get haircuts for the girls. Emma and Becca's bangs have been in their faces all the time; when I send them to daycare with pony tails, they only come home with them about 15% of the time.

We got there at 4, with our 3 LivingSocial vouchers. The vouchers that say "2 per person." As in, in accordance with LivingSocial rules, I bought 2 and Greg bought 1. First, they said, "Well, we can do one at 4:30 and the other two at 5:00." And I said ok. And then they said, "Well, you can only use 2 vouchers per family." And we argued, and they called someone, and they insisted that two per person really meant 2 per family. Like, if Greg had walked in with Julie 5 feet behind me, we would have been ok. To be clear, both Greg and I were there - - it wasn't like I was trying to use my two vouchers, plus his.

So, because I get, um, mad, I said, "Fine. Cancel Julie." I'm not about to pay for a haircut I've already pre-paid for.

So they cut Emma and Becca. And Greg will take Julie back in a week or two. And then we'll probably never go there again. I haven't been impressed. They trim the girls' hair, but, like, when they do the bangs, there's no attempt to blend the bangs in to frame their face or anything. It's just a straight line across their face, and abruptly there's all of this long hair. I don't know... maybe that's how everyone cuts kids' hair. They seriously spend less than 5 minutes cutting. I don't really get a chance to take pictures. I'm on the verge of taking them to Alison who cuts my hair. Especially for what this place charges for a kids' hair cut.




Anyhow, rant over. Suffice it to say, I'm not a satisfied customer.

But my girls are awfully cute.



3 comments:

Aimee Linn said...

I actually love the haircuts. I know. I'm supposed to be on your side. But I have a boy. Buzz clippers to the head and WALAH! Done! Today when Jeff is in school, I will do a post with pictures from your visit.

adele holcomb said...

I will never understand why a merchant or company will quibble over minor details, especially when you can present a reasonable argument. If that's not what they intended but it's not clear on the coupon, they should have honored it anyway, and been more clear next time they offer one. It's expensive to attract customers and one unhappy patron can affect plenty of other potential customers. All that being said, the girls look adorable -- but then they always do!

Beth said...

Is it awful of me to say that a place that can't even make a plural correctly (cuts, not cut's) probably isn't that great? :) Sorry, it's the teacher in me.

The cuts :) do look adorable though. I think the straight across bangs concept must just be for children. Avery's always looks like that but Mia's improved when she was able to sit still longer.