Monday, August 1, 2011

Oh Monday

Oh Monday, why do you have to be so cruel?

We were already running late this morning, and I told Greg I'd take the girls to daycare, so he could get in to work at a reasonable time. (We've been trying to move back towards two cars anyway. As nice as it is to carpool, save gas, and have extra hands, it's a good 35-40 minute drive that would otherwise take 13 minutes. It's a good half our earlier that one if us can get in to work, and then leave earlier.)

We got to daycare, and the girls were dawdling. I didn't see it happen, but I suspect that Julie tripped over her own feet. Because when I heard "splat," I turned around and looked and she was laid out like superman on the floor. I picked her up, and she had her hand on her forehead. I was kissing and hugging her when one of the teachers told me her nose was bleeding.

The teacher got us some wet paper towels and we sat down and held them to her head. She calmed down long before her nose stopped bleeding. Poor thing. She went in to class like a toughie. (Becca and Emma would not go in the room without her. I'm not sure if it was because I was still there, or because Julie was hurt.)

And then I went back home, because my shirt was just covered with blood, and I had some in my hair, too.

And then I went back to daycare, because I apparently missed the note that they were out of pull ups.

And then I just really wanted to go home and get back in bed. But I went to work instead.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Oh, Sarah. May the rest of the week be much less cruel for you all. :)

Aimee Linn said...

Poor Julie. Who had the black eye on vacation? Yes, I admit, I still can't tell the ladies apart. I promise by next birthday I'll be able to. How is she feeling today?