Monday, August 29, 2011

Potty Training Update

Emma and Julie have pretty much given up on potty training for the moment. Emma wore underwear to daycare for about one day before she said she wanted a pull up. And Julie pretty much gave up after the first day.

Becca, on the other hand, is a rock star. She still has some accidents at daycare, but she hasn't had any accidents at home since late last week, and on Sunday, she actually pooped on the potty. Awesome.

Of course, we are still putting pull ups on for naps or when we have to go out, and diapers at night. We haven't tackled pottying in public yet.

Becca is burning through all of my green jelly beans (and my ear drums when she cheers for herself after a successful trip). Emma tries to get a jelly bean every time Becca gets one, like Becca's buying a round of jelly beans. But it doesn't motivate her enough to try herself.

I'm perfectly fine with waiting on Emma and Julie. I don't want it to be a fight.

And, well, potty training one kid at a time is almost ... normal.

2 comments:

Keshet said...

You are one rockstar mama--potty training 3 little girls at once! Oy! I'm sure it'll all come together when they decide they want to use the big girl bathroom:)

adele holcomb said...

That's a great start! I'm betting once Becca has mastered the potty, her sisters are going to want to be grown up too.