Sunday, September 25, 2011

Change

I don't like change. I love routine. I love the feeling of control I have from predictability. Sometimes I'm sure it holds me back. Sometimes I'd probably be happier if I didn't just order the same thing off the menu every time.

Especially where the girls are concerned, I've got a pretty big fear of the consequences of changing our routine.

And yet, a few months ago, we were presented with an opportunity -- the opportunity to spend more time with our kids and less time in the car. The opportunity to get into work earlier (well, on time) and leave earlier. The opportunity to give our kids more dedicated attention and closer supervision and monitoring.

The opportunity to have a nanny come to our house every day and take the girls out of the daycare they've been in since they were 4 months old.

The decision literally made me sick. Fear of change made me sick.

It took us a couple of weeks to decide. And now that we've made it through our first full week with the nanny, I feel so much

In hindsight, it really should have been an easy decision.

2 comments:

carabecca said...

I hope this works well for you! I have enough trouble with the one, I can't imagine getting 3 ready for daycare every day. Hopefully the girls will love her too.

adele holcomb said...

Good for you for leaving your comfort zone and trying something new! Hope this works well for you.