Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day Weekend Recap

Another blur of a weekend gone by.

To combat the girls' nap protest, we had this grand plan: We'll take them to Costco and feed them lunch, do our shopping, and let them fall asleep in the car on the way home. So this was the first weekend I tried it. After Becca ate a whole Costco hot dog and 1/4 slice of pizza, Emma ate 3/4 slice of pizza, and Julie ate half a hot dog and 1/4 slice of pizza, we shopped. And about a third of the way home, I realized they weren't asleep. And they weren't going to fall asleep. Genius me bought a new rake at Costco. And the only way I could figure (at the time) to get it home was through the middle of the car. Which meant that Emma and Julie fought over the handle and pushed and pulled and twisted the rake into me and Rebecca the whole way home.

Our "big plans" day was Sunday. We went to the Apple Festival and walked around for a bit, but it was hot. We ate as much good food as we could while we were there.
...apple slices


...fried apple pie


...apple ice cream


...apple juice


And when we were hot and sweaty and full, we ventured to the Air Museum.




"Flying" out to see the biplane.


And if that wasn't enough, we drug the girls apple picking next.






We were all pretty worn out by then, so we decided to go get some pizza for an early dinner. The girls all took a short nap on the way to get pizza - maybe 15 minutes at most. But when we got there, they were too tired to eat. I seriously don't know that I've ever seen them turn down pizza. I think Emma just stared at the soda machine the whole time we were there.

So, they crashed on the 1.5 hr drive back home, right? Nope. Wide awake. Chasing each other around when we got home.

1 comment:

adele holcomb said...

Have you been scrapping lately? Some darling photos here just begging for a LO! Come to think of it, you probably don't have a minute to spare for crafting with three busy toddlers!