Thursday, September 1, 2011

Random notes from the week

When Greg asked her if she was stinky last night, Emma said, "No, I have a wedgie." Unfortunately, I think we taught her that. But I've never heard her say it before.

They've started using the word "wonderful.". And Julie really likes "beautiful." I gave her a little pink advertisement last weekend and she kept telling me it was "boo-full."

Julie can tell me which of two balls is the big ball and which is the small ball, but there are all still trying to figure out other size/comparison words. One of my favorites right now is that they use the word "big" to mean "a lot." For example, when I pour milk into their cereal in the morning, they say "I got big milk!"

Becca has been super clingy with her "mo mo" (monkey) this week. She insists on bringing him downstairs every morning. She's good about leaving him at home when we go to daycare, but she has to sit him on the couch and give him a kiss before we go. And she starts talking about getting her mo mo "at home" as soon as we get in the car on the way home.

And since we're talking about the car ride home in the afternoon, Emma has started requesting her pajamas as soon as we get in the car in the afternoon. Ah, a girl after my own heart.

They have all been obsessed with puzzles lately. There are 5 in the current rotation that they will do over and over and over again.

The girls rewarded each other with "loddy pops" (spatulas) for cleaning up, oh, 1% of their toys. Emma kept calling them "lady pops."

Becca is an edamame eating machine. I'll spare you the 5 minute video, but suffice it to say, she can pop them out of the shell (or shove them at Greg or I and say "help") and inhale them in rapid-fire succession.

Emma on the cell phone tonight: "Hi Santa Claus, you come get Julie. She not cleanin' up. She not cleanin' up Santa Claus, she playin'," Julie: "I clean up!" Later Julie got the phone "Hi Santa Claus, Emma not listenin'. You gotta go? Bye."I really don't think we've used this on them yet.

In an effort to keep the girls from gnawing on plastic, we told them that when they are using their pretend food, they have to pretend eat. So, now they have this pretend eating sound that's just so funny.

Julie pinched her finger, and Emma said, "What's a matta, sweet hawt?"

No comments: