Thursday, October 27, 2011

Random notes from the week

Everything now is a "baby," "mommy," or "daddy." Pumpkins, animals, blankets, trips over the rumble strips, you get the idea.

The girls love meatloaf. And green beans. And Oreos. If I try to give them animal crackers instead: "no, I want da uddah cookies."

We went out for "bar-buh-cute" for dinner this week. They fell in love with "hush push" (hush puppies).

Emma has started stuttering in the last week or so. 90% of the time, it's when she is starting a sentence with the word "I." That pattern makes me a little less concerned about the sudden onset.

Emma still drools a lot. I think she just gets so caught up in what she's doing that she doesn't think about it. It's not enough to require a bib, but there's often a trail down her chin. And after she eats those Oreos, she leaks them for another half hour afterwards.

I've just started noticing an interest (mostly Julie and Becca) in playing with Little People. Last night, the Little People ( they were only playing with the girl Little People) were on the bus, going home, or to school, or waiting in line for the bus.

They spend a lot of time playing with baby dolls or stuffed animals, sometimes spanking them or putting them in time out, but mostly putting blankets on them and putting them to sleep.

No comments: