Monday, November 21, 2011

Ladies Day

Last week, I took a day off from work and we had a ladies day.  In the morning, we went to a moms of multiples play date at Krispy Kreme.


making their cheese faces


Then, like everyone does on a good Ladies Day, we went to Target.  For new toothbrushes.  Julie picked out "Tigger the Tiger" and Emma and Becca picked princess (sigh) toothbrushes.  

It was way past nap time by that point, but I decided to push it and went into JoAnn's.  Oh, what a bad idea.  They were AWFUL.  Running all over the store screaming.  And I only have two hands.  They were quite a spectacle.  I tried to ignore it, I tried threatening ("Do you want to go out to lunch or not?"), I tried dragging Becca toward the front of the store with Julie following screaming only to get to the front of the store and find out I had no idea where Emma was.  It was bad.  So bad that the lady in front of us in line to checkout let us go ahead of her.  And then, at the checkout, Emma runs out the door.  I almost lost it.  Luckily, she ran right back in the entrance door and back around to the registers.  But oh was I mad.  In the end, I knew they were tired.  I knew they needed a nap.  Lesson learned.

We did go out to lunch, and then headed home.  They were asleep in the car within about 10 minutes.

3 comments:

Beth said...

I don't know how you corral 3 girls with six busy feet and six quick hands. I had both Avery and Lilly this weekend, just standing in line for the Carousel and I was a little freaked out.

PS said...

Love the hats.

justem said...

It looks so fun!!! And it makes me happy to know that my kids aren't the only ones who freak out in public! ;)