They really love to "read" the Olivia books right now, too (particularly Becca). They know parts of one book in particular (where Francine invites Olivia over for dinner). They quote from it the way they used to quote from Dr Seuss books... What comes to mind is Olivia's "big smile" on the first page, the "spork" (they just love that), Ian blowing bubbles in his juice box, and Olivia's Brussels sprout rolling off the table "and onto da white carpet."
The girls are repeatedly asking to see the "pink clouds" at sunset.
The overall level of chatter in our house, and particularly noticeable in the car, seems to have increased dramatically of late. Last Friday, Emma kept telling us that green means go and red means stop. By Saturday, she has changed her mind to "red means go." Not sure if she was tying to be funny, or if she just confused herself.
But when we're at a traffic light or in traffic, they always like to point out "we waiting our turn!"
Some more random babble from the car:
- Emma: "Daddy ears black, they all dirty, he need bath."
- Emma: "Mommy daddy, say 'no turkey don't eat the pumpkin.'" After we said it, Emma would say, "Good job!"
- Julie: "Say hippy hop!"
- Emma: "Say 'trick or treat.'" I asked her if she had candy, and she said, "No mommy, no candy. You gotta eat green beans." So I said, "you have to eat green beans before you get candy? That sounds like a good rule.". To which Emma replied, "No, that not good rule."
The girls are absolutely obsessed with this You Tube video of Elmo doing his "abcd's" with India Arie.
Rebecca likes to say, "I'm busy now."
And Julie, who is apparently 2 going on 13, likes to scream at us, "I WILL!" when we ask her to do something.
Julie is such a ham for a mirror. Since it's been getting darker earlier, I often catch her checking out, playing with, having a conversation with, or just generally hamming it up for the Julie in the window (or the oven or the dishwasher).
Julie has started calling her pink nose bear "my sweetie." Becca also calls Momo (who she has also sometimes insisted now be called "Monkey") her sweetie. And I've heard Becca call Julie "sweetie."
Julie was sitting on the couch with Pink Nose and one of her dolls, and she comes out with, "I have twins!". The doll was Becca, and Pink Nose was Julie. Greg asked Julie who she was and she said, "Grandma!"
I heard Emma say, "So much to do, bear."
1 comment:
pppfffttt...I did leave a more detailed comment, but Blogger ate it.
I love to hear about the girls' chatter. :)
Post a Comment