Saturday, November 26, 2011

Monkey Toes

Becca can now climb over the gate across their bedroom door. I'd seen her get out twice before, but only when she was really mad. But now, when we're laying in bed in the morning, we'll hear *thunk (because she doesn't have the most elegant method of getting out)* and then *patter patter patter* and there she is. Actually, the first time she did it, she crawled right into bed next to me. I wouldn't have even known she was there, but she started trying to dig out my hand to hold it and she woke me up. I was really confused, because she was on the outside edge of the bed, and whenever we got get someone, we always put them in the middle.

And that, folks, is the exact moment when I realized that she had outsmarted us.

I've never actually seen her get out, but Greg was in there once when Becca didn't realize that he was there. He said she goes over to the gate and throws Momo over to the other side. Then she sits down on the floor and takes her socks off so she can use her little monkey toes to climb the 1 inch square mesh gate. And then I think she just kind of tumbles out.

When Becca gets out and runs into our room, Emma will stand at the gate yelling, "Becca climb the gate!"

I don't think I can punish her, but I can't quite bring myself to take the gate down yet. (There is a gate across the top and bottom of the stairs that they have not mastered... Yet.). And I don't want to let on to how much I love snuggling with them in the morning. Even having them around while we're getting ready in the morning is kind of fun.

No comments: