Interrupting my vacation posts here to update with some current events, too.
Last week was the NICU reunion. We got there on the late side because we had a meeting at the girls' school first. Luckily, the crowd had thinned by then (though the chicken fingers had thinned by then, too...).
This year's theme was Princesses and Pirates, so the girls got a wand and a crown when we got there, and then we went over for pictures. I'm wishing I had lugged the big camera. I like the convenience of the camera phone, but I'm kind of bummed that they seem so blurry.
What you get when you tell Emma to smile for a picture.
They had a table set up for fingernail painting. The girls have only ever had their toes painted, so we got to the table and Emma started taking off her shoe. Emma chose hot pink with silver sparkles.
Julie got purple with gold sparkles. Daddy got to try to blow all their nails dry before they got them all over something. (Emma had to have some nail polish removed from her face.)
Becca had purple with silver sparkles. Becca is a nail biter, and she just had tiny little stubs of nails.
Emma and Julie wanted to have their faces painted. The kids doing the face painting certainly weren't artists...
Cupcakes for dinner.
It's a tough princess life.
And our official documentation...









2 comments:
Think how you (and we) all felt at NICU in January 2009. I hope your great girls (and parents) inspire those who are just starting out. What great models of how it can turn out. Love you all.
That photo of the ladies is priceless!
Post a Comment