I didn't actually take many (well, for me at least) pictures on Christmas. It wasn't anything intentional, it was more trying to manage the chaos. Plus, they wanted to play with everything after they opened it, so we seriously opened presents until dinner time.
Julie and Becca comparing notes.
Lefty hiding in the pile of presents. I think she was looking for some ribbon to chew on. Or a plastic bag to lick. Because it's not a very good hiding place from three Christmas-hungry girls.
Emma opening her new flash light. Also notable is Emma's backwards shirt. This one was intentional, though I don't know why. But it has been happening a lot lately with shirts and dresses, and based on some stains on some pants she had on over the weekend, they are now in the mix (unless she has mastered a way of getting stains on the back of her knees. Guess I shouldn't put it past her.) I know she know that tags and labels go in the back, so I haven't figured out if she's trying to be silly and then just forgets or what.
Crayon rings. I thought they were pretty cool, but now we're almost a month out and apparently I'm the only one that thinks they were cool.
Santa tag (on our couch that really could stand to be replaced). Santa did some embossing. Santa really liked the silver embossing powder. A lot.
Eating her lollipop. Again, I thought these were cool. But I forget that my kids are lollipop vampires - no licking, just teeth. So after they bit the tops off and got to the stick, they couldn't get a good angle on it anymore. Those eventually got tossed with about 3 bites out of them.
Emma modeling a dress with a princess dress underneath, and her new Cinderella shoes.
All in all, a fabulous Christmas. I think we let the girls have chicken nuggets for dinner. After they didn't eat at Thanksgiving, I wasn't about to put effort into a big meal, when all they wanted to do was play.
Like Thanksgiving, Christmas by ourselves did leave us missing our families a bit. It's a difficult balance.








No comments:
Post a Comment