Friday, June 8, 2007

Is it the weekend yet?

Don't know where the week has gone!

Well, I guess I do. I had that Financial Markets and Institutions exam on Tuesday night, and it was tough! I didn't spen a lot of time studying ... listened to the lectures and did the problems, and when I looked at the first two problems that I had no idea how to do, I was panicing. Apparently the rest of the class was, too, though, as there was a pretty big curve, and I ended up doing a lot better than expected.

The kittens helped us put away groceries last weekend. Being cats, they have to sniff everything that comes in to the house. Greg says they have a way of honing in on the meat, but I think they just go after *all* off the bags. I snapped this picture of Lefty with my phone while she was helping.

On Wednesday, we were both back at the gym. I was back for more today, and was very discouraged when I weighed myself and found that I've gained 4 pounds in the last 2.5 weeks. It just really hard to see myself creeping back to where I was, and where I swore I'd never be again.

On a more positive note, the weekend is almost here! It's been hot and dry this week - in the 90s. The tomato plants are doing well, as are the herbs. We've actually used the herbs for a couple of dinners now. And my first tomato is now red! I didn't get a chance to get out there before it got dark tonight, but maybe I'll get a picture over the weekend. I'm so proud of it. :) I can't remember if I'd posted this earlier, but there are 5 or 6 tomatoes on the plants now.

We've been making small strides in cleaning out the kitchen this week. Still tons to do, but Greg found these wind-up sushi toys that the cats were playing with. Once they wind down, if you tap them again, they'll start again for a few seconds. Lefty is happy enough to tap it and then see it go, tap and watch, tap and watch. Dusty attacks it and flips it over, so that game ends pretty fast. (That's Lefty in the frame, and Dusty's paw reaching in.)

Greg also had to take the power strip that his computer and all of our modem stuff is connected to and mount it to the side of his desk. The kittens love to get back behind the desk, and have a knack for stepping on the "off" switch on the power strip. (We have to keep the paper shredder unplugged! It is now Dusty's perch to sit while we're in here at night and look at the bugs outside the window. Poor thing jumps and swats at them to no avail. Darn that glass.) They about went crazy when Greg pushed his desk back closer to the wall and they couldn't get back there.



Not a whole lot planned for the weekend. Greg's working on his thesis, and I've got 5 chapters to get through before my next exam next Thursday.

3 comments:

Greg said...

I took pitty on the cats and moved the computer so they can get back through that way. You can see one of them trying to push their way back in the bottom photo of this post.

Beth said...

Sarah, I have 14 gorgeous barn cats that you are welcome to have. They are driving me nuts! :)

Rachel said...

Your cats remind me of my own...they are cute!!!