Tuesday, June 12, 2007

What a mess!

I took a vacation day from work today, after a little breakdown around 1am when I realized I had lost the memory card from the digital camera. We looked all over, but still couldn't find it. I finally went to bed, annoyed and frustrated with myself and the messes everywhere. I've been emptying out cabinets downstairs and doing a ton of sorting in the office this afternoon. I did find the memory card, on my desk, exactly where I thought it was. I must have picked up the paper it was on a dozen times in searching my desk. Don't know how I missed it.

I entered a scrapbooking contest over the weekend and found out on Monday that I won! I'm so excited. This is my winning layout. I get to be a 'guest designer' at Coordinates Collections for July, which means that I get the kit early, and get to put together and create a bunch of projects from it. I'm so excited!


Finding out that I won *more* than made up for having to go to the dentist yesterday afternoon. No cavities! Of course, there aren't many more places to put fillings in my mouth! I may have a fracture under one of my fillings, but we'll just see if it gets any worse before doing something about it. Sometimes, if I bite down just the right way, I get this horrible sudden pain. But it really comes and goes.

I left the dentist a little after 4 and went to the gym, thinking I'd have all this extra time when I got home, because I don't normally get to the gym until after 5 anymore. In hindsight, "thinking" I'd have extra time was probably my downfall, because it didn't really feel like I had any extra time at all. This probably added to my frustration with the memory card.

So today has mostly been a major clean out/up day, and I'm feeling better. Greg took a half day, and came home and took the sink out. We just took out the counter from where the sink was, too, and he's working on the cabinets now, making lots of loud noises. Think I'll stay hidden up here a while longer. I'll post some picture of the destruction soon.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

So happy you won the guest designer spot...you are so talented!!!

Beth said...

I agree - you deserve that guest designer spot, Sarah!

As for the missing memory card I do stuff like that ALL the time!

Anonymous said...

WTG Sarah, I was rooting for you! Well deserved, can't wait to see your projects. Sue