Saturday, June 2, 2007

the sun will come out tomorrow


We were welcomed home from our trip last weekend by the opening of the first gladiola. The other ones don't even look like they're ready to bloom, and it seems a bit early still, so I'm not sure where this one came from. They're usually after the hydrangea, which are stunted this year due to the late freeze.

We went to a picnic last night with some people from my department at work. It was fun - the first time we've really socialized outside of work. Plus, Patrick's triplets were too funny. There was one other little girl, Rachel, and all we heard all night was "Look at me, Rachel." "Come over here, Rachel." "Let me show you something, Rachel." They brought her a flower, told her mom when her hair bow was falling out, and were quite the little ladies' men. Poor Patrick is going to have his hands even fuller in a few years.

The sun hasn't been out yet today. It's just been cloudy with the threat of rain - tropical storm, maybe - all day. I messed around for a while this morning, then went to the gym. I've been doing the weight training exercises for 2 weeks now ... and I've gained two pounds. Sigh.

I spent the last hour listening to an online lecture for my MBA class - we have a test on Tuesday. I'm hoping to get through most of it tonight.

We're headed out to dinner tonight in a little while to celebrate our anniversary, since I had class on Tuesday.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Those are beautiful flowers...I love fresh flowers!!!