Made it back this afternoon. Got 31.2 mpg on the way home, and 31.4 mpg on the way to Nashville. Traffic wasn't too bad in the direction I was going, until I got just south of Asheville and hit torrential rain. I was so glad to see rain! It's been at least 3 weeks. Of course, all we got at home were a few sprinkles, despite the fact that it thundered for a few hours. Both of the rhododendron out front are now dead. I think we're going to have to find something a little more heat resistant. I was something that will be green all year, and flowers. Any ideas?
Heh. So, driving to Nashville, I talked to my brother, Steve, who's 22. He had been to Nashville a few weeks earlier, so I asked if there was anything I should see. I should have know better... "Uh, something about a saddle, and... there's live music everywhere ... there's just this main street that has all the bars." Ah, right. But bless his little heart (that's what southern ladies say when they're about to say something mean) for thinking I'm not too old for that stuff.
School started last week. Did I fail to mention that? It's made me cranky.
My parents are getting new kittens! Nibbler went to live with Dan (my brother) and Victoria for a while, and they missed him so much that they're getting kittens, hopefully sometime this week. Last I heard, they are still arguing about names. My dad wants to name them (2 boys) after the Dukes of Hazzard, either Bo and Luke, or Roscoe and Flash (the dog).
No comments:
Post a Comment