Saturday, September 1, 2007

A Less Than Perfect End to a Less Than Perfect Week

After all of the ups and downs of the week, Friday was one of those days where I didn't eat lunch until 3:00. I'm a little bit neurotic, and I really like to keep a fairly regular schedule -- stuff like that just completely throws me off, mentally and physically.

So, today we were supposed to go apple picking, and then have pizza up at our favorite little place in Flat Rock, NC. I'd seen on the website for the apple farm that they had suffered losses from a late spring freeze we had. But I didn't expect we'd get up there and see the trees BARE. There were no apples anywhere. They were selling some in the barn, but I'm not sure where they came from. After that disappointment, we went to get pizza ... and the line was out the door. Just crazy. We gave up and headed back home. We went for pizza in downtown Greenville, then ran a couple of errands. I got some new black shoes for work, and a new pair of sneakers. That made me feel a little bit better. I got the black ones and the sneakers, and am still trying to find the brown ones in my size somewhere... The sneakers that I got are a different color - mine are more champagne and pink. I don't usually buy this many at once, but the brown and black ones I've been wearing to work are both wearing out and coming apart -- I got them at the same time, and they're identical except for color (I'm really bad about this.)




I snapped these on the way up into the mountains. It was gray and cloudy earlier ... really looked like rain, but all we hit was about 10 seconds of showers.


We also stopped at Petco, and got a new toy for the cats. Lefty will only scratch this one spot on the scratching 'condo' that we got them, and she has completely shredded it, to where she's pretty much scratching at wood now. Here's the old one:

So we got them a new one, mostly to discourage scratching the carpet and furniture, and Greg sprinkled it with catnip. Needless to say, they love it, and have already pulled the stuffing out of the little toy that used to hang from the top of it.





We decided not to press our luck any further, and are in for the evening. We made some progress on getting things back into the kitchen tonight. Still no decision on the floor, but at least things are getting closer to normal.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The cats will love the new toy!!

Anonymous said...

The cats! Have gotten so big!

I totally hear you about the shoes. Half the time my browns and blacks match, too.

Hope this week is going better for you than last Friday was!

--Jen S