We're still alive, still just trying to hold it together. It seems like everything starts falling apart at once...
The new caulking in the shower we just had put in in June is already pulling away from the wall, and we're not sure if there's some sort of mold damage as well.
The internet connection has been awful for the last few weeks. It just dies. And then will work for a little while. And then freezes. I've been avoiding it as much as possible, and of course therefore realizing how heavily I rely on it.
I'm allergic to something in the house. My breathing gets shallow every night, and I start wheezing. Within an hour of being at work, I'm fine. Mold? The cats? The dust from my negligent cleaning? I don't know. But it's pretty miserable.
A stray cat has taken a liking to our house, our deck, our garage. I feel so terrible for the poor thing. I can't bring myself to feed it, or we'll never get rid of it. It will sit out on the back deck and look in the house. Dusty and Lefty are intrigued, but I think it's also freaking them out a bit. At least I'm hoping that's the reason someone decide to leave us a "present" on the kitchen floor today.
Time is just flying. Next week marks the middle of my semester, so in about 9 weeks, this agony will be over. I had a midterm on Monday, and a huge paper due on Tuesday. And no desire to focus on either of them. Instead, I spent all day Saturday in the yard, pulling out the 2nd of the dead rhododendron, a dead camelia, and some weeds. I planted the two Indian hawthorne, some lilies I got for a side bed in the front yard, and a gardenia out back. Then, the easy part - pansies at the end of the driveway, and some big pots of mums. Whenever I do yard work, I always manage to pull the muscles that run down the backs of my legs, so I've been hobbling around slowly all week. That's finally about better today. Some pictures of my handiwork... Of course, like this, it doesn't look like 7 hrs of work...



We are headed north next week... going to visit Greg's parents in Vermont (mine are driving up for a visit, too), and then to Boston for a wedding.
Oh, and a funny picture after all of my whining... I have some pajama pants that have really wide legs. Lefty likes to crawl up into them while I'm sitting at the computer. Mostly, she just likes to sit there with her face pressed up against the fabric. She tried again the other day while I was wearing jeans... didn't work quite so well.
3 comments:
Sorry to hear things haven't been too grand recently. Hope your weekend away will cheer you up. You sure brightened my evening up with your last photo, gotta love cats!! Sue
It always seems that when it rains it pours. Hope things start turning around soon!
I think your yard work looks lovely!
And, I have had a pedicure with the "I'm Not Really A Waitress". Currently on my feet is "Oh, To Be 25 Again" by OPI. :)
Sorry you've had such a lousy time lately! At least your yard looks good :)
My favorite nail polish is OPI's "I Love This Color", which starts a whole Abbott and Costello routine when someone asks about it.
Post a Comment