
Greg and I had breakfast with my friends Rachael and Hilde, and Hilde’s husband Albert, and their 6 month old, Adelio. Then we ran back upstairs, changed, and threw everything together to check out of the hotel.
It was so good to see everybody. Of course Julie looked lovely, and her husband(!) Thomer really seems great. It was so good to see my friend Rachel and her son Jacob, too. I think the last time that I saw them was at our wedding, 2.5 years ago.





I used to be really good about keeping in touch with people, but now, sometimes I feel so guilty about how bad I’ve become at keeping in touch, that I think it almost makes it harder to change. Every time I go to one of these, and see my friends again, I always swear I’m going to get better. I feel like I live in my own little bubble, which is depressing at times, because I don’t really have anyone (other than Greg) that I’m really close to in South Carolina. I know that real life is a totally different world from college, but man, there really are an awful lot of days that I feel like I don’t have any friends.
Ok, enough of the pity party. Back to my journaling.
When we planned this trip, we wanted to get in a visit with Greg’s parents, plus we had to plan it around my school, which was on fall break (through today). I’m going to be running tight on vacation days this year, too, so the best option was to get both weekends into our trip, which unfortunately meant that we needed to leave right after the wedding. We were planning to leave at 4, but didn’t eat anything until then… so we were running tight on time. We changed in the parking lot at the wedding (surrounded by trees). Since I was wearing a dress, it was actually much easier for me than for Greg for a change! :) Those glasses of wine were probably helping me at that point, too.
By the time we actually left, we were running tight on time. We had a couple of detours trying to find the right exit, trying to find gas, and eventually getting to the airport. We’re sitting on the plan to Charlotte as I type this (into word, to be copied and pasted later), getting periodic updates on the Red Sox scores from the pilot.
We should be landing in Charlotte around 9:30…. then it’s a good 90 minutes back to house. Tomorrow’s going to be rough.
No comments:
Post a Comment