Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Snow?!?

We stopped in Pennsylvania on Saturday night to see some friends. We called to check in with my mom, and let her know we'd be in late; she warned us that they were calling for a chance of snow showers. I said, "It's not going to snow."

We were about 10 minutes from my parents' house, and exhausted. Greg was driving and I could barely keep my eyes open, but we were coming up on a stretch of highway where police cars always sit, usually trying to catch people coming down the big hill in the opposite direction. I saw headlights in the usual spot, and warned Greg that there were probably police cars sitting there.

Then I thought, "Headlights? That's funny. They're not hiding very well."

Well, that's because they were sand trucks.

We woke up to snow showers on Sunday morning. There was just a dusting on the ground, but by Monday, my parents had gotten about 4 inches of snow. Most of it's melted since we got back from NYC on Tuesday.

1 comment:

Beth said...

It was pretty for about five minutes. Once it hit the ground it became instant mush. Yuck.