Thursday, February 14, 2008

Cyst

I finally went to the doctor yesterday, after a few abnormal symptoms. Found out I have a huge cyst on one of my ovaries.

It explains a lot, but I'm still pretty upset about it. In hindsight, I knew it was there -- but when they found it two years ago, it was no big deal, and I had forgotten about it. Apparently, though, it has started growing in the last year or so.

I'm on medication to try to reduce it now, and go back in a month to make sure it's getting smaller.

When the doctor saw how big it was, she said incredulously, "And you're not in any pain?!?!" Actually, no. Not really. But I think that means I am due some whining and moping time.

Just feeling kind of crappy.

And I need to stop listening when people tell me my symptoms are "normal," when I know in my gut that they are not.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I'm so sorry! I hope the medication helps. Don't listen to others about that stuff -- it never hurts to err on the side of getting things checked out. I'll be thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

You always know your body better than anyone else (including doctors!!) I'm so sorry you're going through this..female issues are not fun at all...I'm praying for you!!

Beth said...

That must be scary, Sarah. I'm thinking of you! (hugs)

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear this Sarah, sending "shrinking cyst" vibes your way. Sue