Saturday, February 9, 2008

Over the mountain (well, hill) and through the woods

We made it to Vermont yesterday, with no major airline or weather issues. In fact, we were on time! Let's just hope that we're that lucky trying to get home on Monday.

We went cross country skiing today with Greg's parents at a place called Catamount. We tried skiing ourselves (all of us novices) when we first got there, and then had a lesson a little later. It was definitely a full body workout... and I definitely don't have the balance or the experience on skis to take to it naturally.

Some photos (some of these are from Dad S.):





They also had a sledding hill, off in the distance in the 2nd photo below. As you can also see in the 2nd photo below, it started snowing lightly later in the afternoon. Maybe another 1-2 inches overnight?



We definitely over dressed -- scarves, hats, double layer jackets. We had to shed lots of layers, and still ended up sweaty. And a nice photo to document that:


Give me another day of perspective, and I'll tell you it was fun. A stop at Starbucks on the way home helped nurse my wounded pride.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let the chairlift do the work!!

Envious of skiing, but I did get a nice sunburn today ;-)

Rachel said...

Great fun...looks awesome and you took some good pictures!!!

Heather said...

Oh, that really does look like fun! I don't like cold and I don't like snow, but skiing makes it all better.

Beth said...

Starbucks makes lots of things better.

You're so brave for trying cross country skiing...I don't go for the full-body workout type things. Or the snow. Or the cold. Good for you!

Anonymous said...

nothing like a Starbucks!

kate