Friday, February 15, 2008

Headed for the weekend...

... but not really sure how it got here.

I like to travel and be different places, I just don't like getting there or getting back, particularly if it involves airports. Everything went smoothly on our way up to Vermont last weekend, but we weren't so lucky on Monday. We *should* have landed at 4:30 Monday afternoon. But after:
  • Original flight #1 was delayed and would have missed our connection.  Rebook through Philadelphia, arriving in Charlotte at 6ish.
  • But the Philadelphia flight was delayed, too.  So we missed our connection by about 15 minutes.
  • Rebooked flight #2.  Luckily the plane was empty,  so they bumped us up to first class.  (And then made an announcement that because the plane was so empty, anyone in the first 10 rows of coach had to be rebooked and moved to the back of the plane for balance.)

we got in to Charlotte around 8:30, a mere 4 hour delay.  Not sure how much I should complain though, because I did make it through about 4 Newsweeks on Sunday. I finally made it to some January issues (Iowa has voted; New Hampshire has not).

Anyhow, the hassle that was Sunday set the tone for the rest of the week. Valentine's Day was kind of a yawn, with both of is in pjs by 6:00 (and not in a good way *smirk*). In fact, I forgot to get something out for dinner, so we ended up having leftovers. Separately, even, as I got hungry before Greg did. I think we're going to try to pull it together and make it out to dinner this weekend.

Nothing else big on tap for the weekend. Just some cleaning, relaxing.

Oh, and the pleasure that will be taking the cats back to the vet tomorrow for their booster shot. We got a 2nd cat carrier, and brought them into the house earlier this week. I'm hoping we can just tag team them and get them both in carriers before they figure out what's going on. Wish us luck!

No comments: