
With a quick stop at the Legal Seafood in the airport for lunch (I'd like to think that the reason why we fly USAir to Boston *isn't* because their gates are right by Legal Seafood, but who am I kidding?), we were in the car and off for downtown. A few laps around the Commons and some requisite parking lot bickering later, we made it. We were expecting it to be rainy, and were pleasantly surprised when it wasn't. We walked through the Commons and it was just a bright, spring day. We did some shopping in Downtown Crossing. I came out with a few shirts and lightweight sweaters, and Greg got some shorts, shoes, and a new (smaller!) belt. (And it all fit in our luggage on the way back!)
By that point, we were starting to get hungry, and it was starting to rain on and off. We walked quickly through Quincy Market and took one of my "short cuts" to the North End... which involved finding this really neat park on the water and getting this great picture back of the city, with the clouds and rain moving in. Which was all well and good until the thunder and lighting started. Oh, and the heavy rain. 
It's always such a hard decision to choose a restaurant in the North End... they're all good, and I always want to try a new one. So we usually end up walking all the way down the street, unable to decide. But the rain certainly hastened our decision! And dinner was wonderful, as usual.

Sunday was Sam and Jason's wedding, which was just beautiful! It's always great to see your friends so happy! Plus, it's always great to get the chance to catch up with friends that I really don't catch up with often enough. (After every wedding, I always *swear* to myself that I'm going to be better about keeping in touch... and it lasts about until I get home.) Anyhow, this photo is of Leah, Rachel, and myself. The one of Greg and I is really blurry, which is why it is small. I'm hoping there's a better one on my other camera.
We pushed our way through rush hour traffic this morning, and were back at home tonight earlier than if we'd gone to work. We ate lots of good food, but did manage to exercise twice. One time was at 6:15 this morning. I think I got Greg up too early, because he was in bed within 20 minutes of being home, and is still out.
4 comments:
Sounds like a great time Sarah, I have to agree with you that choosing restaurants and eating out is certainly a big part of trips out! Sue
It sounds like you had a fun getaway. I'm just like you with the keeping in touch thing.
How fun! You all look so happy. And much more exciting than BO :)
I hear you with the turbulence thing. I almost gave myself cuts because of digging in to my palms when I flew alone last year. I miss being a young kid and not caring if the plane did flips!
I would love to go back to Boston. I haven't been there since I was in about 5th grade. Loved it then; I'm sure it would only be better now! And I second (or 3rd or 4th) the whole concept of restaurants being a big deal while traveling. I've planned visits around restaurants rather than the other way around!
Post a Comment