Sunday, April 27, 2008

Projects

I've been busy this weekend! Coordinates Collections had an online crop, and I actually managed to get all 6 challenges finished this time.

"Greg took this photo of me on my thirtieth birthday while we were at dinner at the Melting Pot. For a long time, I'd been dreading reaching this milestone because it seems like I should have accomplished more by now. But when I look around, I can see how truly lucky I am right now. I have a wonderful husband who I adore, and a family who cares for and loves me. We are both employed. We are home owners. And we have two adorable cats. Sure, there's a lot to do still. And there are certainly days that I feel really old. But for now, thirty is not so bad."


"Changing jobs at work doesn't necessarily mean a promotion, so it felt really nice to finally celebrate my first real promotion earlier this year. Greg took me to my favorite Thai restaurant downtown, Lemongrass. Being recognized somehow makes the daily grind a little better, and I'll take whatever chance I can to celebrate that."


Our Friday Night Ritual.


You mean the world to me.


Soaking up the Sunshine.


4 weeks. "Four short weeks was all it took for the maple tree in front of the house to go from green to completely bare. We've been watching this tree grow since we moved into the house, so it's become an indicator of how long we've been here, and how much our relationship has grown at the same time. Four years in this house!"

7 comments:

Fisher Family said...

Hey Sarah! Guess you guys are planning your trip out west. Are you still going to Portland? I saw where you mentioned Seattle below. Of course you have to go to the Starbucks city!

I just got back from my week and a half in Oregon. Here's what we did on the days I wasn't working...

Day 1: Cannon Beach - location of Haystack Rock (Goonies movie, if y'all are fans..). Really cute town with lots of quaint little shops and restaurants. We stayed at "Inn at Cannon Beach" which was inexpensive but really charming. The coast was beautiful - definitely recommended.

Day 2: We just walked around Portland shopping (Saturday market was really cool!) eating, seeing sights, etc. We stayed at Hilton downtown and ate at a great seafood place called Jake's Crawfish Grill or something like that.

Day 3: Drove to Hood River, which is East of Portland. Another quaint town with cute little stores and coffee shops. This was in the Columbia river gorge and was a gorgeous area. On the way, there's a huge waterfall called Multnomah which is pretty cool to see. We also rode up through Mt. Hood. There's lots of outdoor activities in this area, but it was REALLY cold when we were there, so we pretty much stuck to indoor things.

Let me know if you have any questions about what to do in that area...I have a friend who gave me lots of tips!

Congrats on the Promotion, too - what is your new job???

Beth said...

Sarah, I don't know how you do it. You layouts are always amazingly beautiful and unique.

I love the last two LOs - the series of tree photos is too cool.

Hope you're feeling betteR!

Anonymous said...

WOW, how did I manage to miss so much! Your trip looked lovely (makes me want to go back on vacation NOW!), and I agree with Beth, your LO's are stunning; I am quite sure you could get published. Hope you and Greg are feeling a lot better. Sue

Heather said...

When I saw the first LO, I wanted to comment on how perfect a way that is to document a milestone birthday. Then I saw the second LO, and the 3rd, etc. and THEY'RE ALL GORGEOUS! You are so talented!

Rachel said...

You are so very talented..your pages are gorgeous!!!

Jen said...

I think we were kinda on the same track! Love everything you did this weekend...

Jen D. said...

Awesome Layouts Sarah!! I just love your work SO much and have loved watching you develope your style over the years. (Has it bee that long???)
I wish I had the time to do the challenges. I've just been SO busy lately.